AWMF International Missions Award
AWMF will help any church or organization with training, supplies, equipment and personnel to enhance or start a medical missions outreach for people in need anywhere around the globe. Since 2001 with the help of a few faithful friends, AWMF has awarded numerous churches, organizations, a college and students with the International Missions Award. It is given along with a financial gift enabling them to continue their wonderful work. We encourage ministries, churches and non-profits who meet the criteria below to apply.
- Tenet of the ministry is that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that acceptance of him as Lord and Savior is man’s only way to salvation.
- Spreading of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ is and/or will be a critical part of the health care delivery program.
- Demonstrable financial and resource need for the development and/or improvement of the ministry’s medical missions program.
- Ministry is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in good financial standing.
Is willing to:
- Fill out the application in its entiretyShare ministry’s vision, mission, goals, policies and procedures,by-laws, etc. upon request
- Provide documentation of ministry’s financial status and needs upon request.
- Provide written documentation of AWMF’s impact on ministry’s medical missions work abroad.
- Ministry is willing to help at least one other ministry establish or improve its medical missions program within 23 months of receiving support from AWMF.
- Individuals may also apply for support. Individual Applicants must meet all of the above criteria except #4.
Past Award Recipients
2001 True Vine Christian Center Sr. Pastor Eric Butler, New Life Covenant Church Rev. Gary R. Nellis, Antioch Baptist Church Pastor Marshal L. Ausberry
2002 Bethesda Ministries Rev. Jaqueline Joseph, Ph. D., Church of God Rev. Victor M. Nieves, Daughters of Rizpah Rev. Jackie McCullough
2003 Spirit of Life Fellowship Bishop Dr. Valli Y. Walton, Bethel Gospel Assembly Rev. Gordon E. Williams, Feed the Children Larry and Frances Jones, Founders
2004 Dorcas Medical Missions Dr. Sidley Mullins & Minister Lorna Mullins, Rev. Gregory J. Jackson Mt. Olive Baptist Church, Alliance Theological Seminary Dr. David Schroeder, President